Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Secret

I am working on a project that no one can know about. But since no one knows about this journal or reads it, I can put my project here. Because, basically, I have to talk about it somewhere. Here I will document the process of the project.

Yesterday I asked Lisa, secretly, if I could use her bathrooms for the first installation of my project. She was delighted and she said yes. She said she would keep it a secret. So last night I smuggled them in and deposited the first one. I couldn't believe how easy. No one saw what I was doing, except maybe Aimee. But then, she always looks at me with suspicion. She regards everyone that way. It always makes me feel shifty. Especially if I have a reason to.

So I went to the ladies' and no one was around. I arranged my birdhouse and took photographs, then flushed the toilet and ran the water for good measure. Complete. I didn't go instantly into the men's. I waited. When no one was around again, I zipped in there. That was easy. The lights were off, so it wasn't even like anyone had been in there for a while. I was nervous, obviously. I arranged the birdhouse and took the pictures. I was comforted by hearing the sounds of flushing and water coming from the one next door, so happily, my excuse was iron-clad if I were to get caught. I waited for the door to open and close so that person would leave. Then someone tried to get in. Oh fuck! I packed up my stuff and flushed and ran the water. Then I apologized to the man trying to get in, explained about how someone was in the other. Was totally fucking comforted by the fact that it was the author because he is a stranger and doesn't know what's in our bathrooms, so wouldn't suspect. However, was also totally fucking embarrassed by the fact that it was our author, and thus was blushing. Introduced myself because, well, we'd already had a comaradeship in the fact that we share an agency. What a circumstance under which to meet him! I instantly wanted to tell him what I was doing. But that would ruin it, right?

Anyhow, two birdhouses are successfully installed. Now for the next.

No comments: